Richmond defeats Bucknell 59-50Jan 2, 2010 - 9:59 PM LEWISBURG, Pa.(AP) -- Kevin Anderson scored 25 points and Richmond defeated Bucknell 59-50 on Saturday.
The Spiders (11-4), off to their best start since 1987-88, shot 40 percent from 3-point range (8 of 20), while holding the Bison (5-10) to 22.7 percent from long range (5 of 22).
Richmond, No. 18 in the nation in field goal percentage defense at 37.8, held the Bison to 36 percent (18 of 50) and forced 19 turnovers.
Bucknell pulled within 51-48 on Bryan Cohen's 3 with 1:29 to play, but the Spiders got a jump shot from Anderson and made 6 of 7 free throws down the stretch to hold on.
Justin Harper scored 15 points and Ryan Butler added 11 for the Spiders. David Gonzalvez scored just three points, but now has 1,410 in his career to move to No. 12 on Richmond's all-time list.
Bryson Johnson finished with 11 points and Cohen added 10 for the Bison, who have lost four straight to Richmond.
- NCAA BB
BUCKNELL 50 FINAL
Jan 2 3:48 PM
- NCAA BB
BUCKNELL 26 HALFTIME
Jan 2 2:45 PM
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18