Butler moves past Wisconsin-Milwaukee 80-67Jan 2, 2010 - 9:58 PM INDIANAPOLIS(AP) -- Gordon Hayward grabbed a double-double, scoring 16 points and pulling down 10 rebounds, as Butler beat Wisconsin-Milwaukee 80-67 on Saturday.
The Bulldogs (10-4, 3-0 Horizon) took the lead about 4 1/2 minutes into the game and never gave it back. The team shot 58 percent from the field in the second half and were up by as many as 19 points with less than six minutes to go.
The Bulldogs' Shelvin Mack led the game in scoring with 25 points, while Shawn Vanzant came off the bench to add 12.
Anthony Hill led the Panthers (8-7, 1-3) with 18 points and helped them have a 38-21 advantage from the bench. Starter James Eayrs added 11 points.
- Butler basketball coach agrees to contract extension May 18
- Butler fills assistant coaching void with hire of Schrage May 12
- Butler adds graduate transfer Avery Woodson to roster Apr 25
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Butler partners with bone marrow registry in Smith's honor Mar 18
- Shut out of NCAA games, Butler's mascot hard at work outside Mar 18
- No. 1 seed Virginia prepares for 2nd-round test from Butler Mar 18
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Emotional season helps Butler finds its way to NCAA tourney Mar 15
- No. 16 Providence rallies late, downs No. 18 Butler 71-68 Jan 19
- No. 24 Butler changing script with more offensive power Nov 9