Wright State defeats Illinois-Chicago, 64-47Jan 2, 2010 - 11:36 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Vaughn Duggins scored 17 points Saturday to lead Wright State to a 64-47 victory over Illinois-Chicago.
Todd Brown scored 13 points and Cory Cooperwood 10 points and seven rebounds for the Raiders (10-5, 3-1 Horizon). Wright State led 29-25 at the half, then shot 58 percent from the field in the second half and built its lead up to 25 points with under four minutes to play. The Raiders finished at 46 percent for the game.
Zavion Neely led the Flames (5-9, 1-3) with 14 points. Illinois-Chicago shot 41 percent in the first half but went just 7-for-28 (25 percent) from the field after halftime to finish the game at 31 percent.
Wright State finished with a 38-29 rebounding edge.
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- UIC gives Moore contract extension Apr 17
- Valpo downs Wright State for Horizon League title Mar 12
- Crusaders and Raiders clash for Horizon League championship Mar 12
- No. 11 Cincinnati tops Wright State Dec 22