Lipscomb rolls past Stetson 84-63Jan 2, 2010 - 11:50 PM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Adnan Hodzic scored 29 points and had eight rebounds to lead Lipscomb to an 84-63 victory over Stetson on Saturday.
Hodzic, who entered the game 10th in Division I in scoring at 22.5 points a game, was 11-for-15 from the field and reached double figures for the 39th consecutive game, the longest streak in the nation.
Lipscomb (5-7, 2-1 Atlantic Sun Conference) led 39-28 at halftime and took a 54-36 lead on Brandon Brown's two free throws with 12:50 left. Jordan Burgason's 3-pointer gave the Bisons a 59-39 advantage with 10:25 remaining.
The Bisons shot 73.7 percent from the field (14-for-19) in the second half and 60.4 percent (29-for-48) for the game.
Burgason added 18 points and Josh Slater scored 16 points for Lipscomb.
Brandon Williams scored a career-high 22 points for Stetson (3-8, 1-2). Ridge Graham added 12 points and A.J. Smith scored 10.
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10
- Murray State routs Lipscomb, moves to 11-0 Dec 15