N.C.-Asheville 74, Radford 82Jan 3, 2010 - 12:14 AM RADFORD, Va. (AP) -- Art Parakhouski scored 31 points, including 16 of Radford's final 26 in an 82-74 win over North Carolina-Asheville on Saturday.
With the game tied 56-56 and 6:52 remaining, Parakhouski made a layup and free throw to put the Highlanders (7-5, 3-0 Big South Conference) ahead to stay.
Parakhouski, who came in as the nation's 10th-leading scorer, averaging 22.9 points, was 8-for-8 from the field in the second half and had all 10 of Radford's points during a stretch of 1:38 that left the Highlanders ahead 78-67 with 2:10 to play.
The 6-foot-11 senior finished 12-for-13 from the field and surpassed 30 points for the second straight game.
Radford, which also got 15 points and 11 rebounds from Laz Trifunovic, was 17-for-24 from the field in the second half but just 10-for-24 on free throws.
Matt Dickey scored 15 points off the bench to pace the Bulldogs (3-9, 1-1).
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15
- Bulldogs face unenviable task against seventh-ranked Buckeyes Dec 15
- No. 16 NC State squeaks past UNC-Asheville Nov 23
- No. 16 Wolfpack set to pounce on Bulldogs Nov 23
- Syracuse avoids scare, advances past Bulldogs Mar 15
- Top-seeded Orange begin tournament play against Bulldogs Mar 15