High Point defeats Gardner-Webb 78-68Jan 3, 2010 - 3:17 AM HIGH POINT, N.C.(AP) -- Eugene Harris scored 17 points and High Point handed Gardner-Webb its ninth straight loss, 78-68 on Saturday night.
Nick Barbour added 14 points, and Cruz Daniels and Jourdan Morris each had 10 for the Panthers (6-6, 2-1 Big South Conference), who won their second game in a row.
With Gardner-Webb leading 49-47 midway through the second half, the Panthers made a 19-3 run to take a 66-52 lead with 4:32 remaining. The Bulldogs would get not closer than nine points the rest of the way.
The Panthers scored 22 points off 26 Gardner-Webb turnovers. The Panthers also shot well, making 50 percent (27-for-54) of their field goal attempts, including 60.9 percent (14 of 23) in the second half.
The Bulldogs (3-9, 0-3) were led by Grayson Flittner, who had a game-high 26 points. Anton Silver had a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds, and C.J. Hailey added 11 points.
- NCAA BB
HIGH POINT 78 FINAL
Jan 2 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
HIGH POINT 31 HALFTIME
Jan 2 7:57 PM
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- No. 11 North Carolina handles Gardner-Webb Nov 9
- New-look Tar Heels tip off season against Runnin' Bulldogs Nov 9
- Louisville rebounds with convincing win over Gardner-Webb Dec 18