Mower scores 21 as Lafayette knocks off Penn 77-62Jan 3, 2010 - 8:46 PM EASTON, Pa.(AP) -- Jim Mower scored 21 points, one of four Lafayette players in double figures, as the Leopards defeated Pennsylvania 77-62 on Sunday.
Ryan Willen scored 12 and Jared Mintz and Jeff Kari added 10 points each as Lafayette (8-6) used a 10-0 lead spanning both halves to pull away from the Quakers (0-10).
The Leopards, who have won four of their past five games, led 31-30 before ending the first half on an 8-0 run for a 39-30 advantage. Michael Gruner scored the final four points of the first half and Mower started the second half with a jumper for a 41-30 lead.
The Quakers cut the lead to seven points on three occasions, but couldn't get closer.
Mower finished with six 3s for Lafayette.
Zack Rosen led Penn, which committed 24 turnovers, with 30 points, hitting six 3-pointers and going 10-for-12 from the foul line. Jack Eggleston added 19 points and 11 rebounds.
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20