Coastal Carolina defeats Presbyterian 76-62Jan 5, 2010 - 2:31 AM CONWAY, S.C.(AP) -- Logan Johnson scored 16 points to lead five players in double figures as Coastal Carolina beat Presbyterian 76-62 on Monday night for its 10th win in a row.
It is the longest winning streak for the Chanticleers in four years.
Danny Nieman added 14 points, Kierre Greenwood and Chad Gray each scored 13, and Joseph Harris added 10 for the Chanticleers (14-2, 4-0 Big South). The win was the 650th career victory for Chanticleers' coach Cliff Ellis and marked the team's best conference start since the 1990-91 season.
The Chanticleers led 33-31 at halftime, then went on a 14-4 run to build a 68-54 lead with 3:12 remaining after a layup by Johnson. The Chanticleers led by as many as 16 down the stretch.
Chase Holmes led the Blue Hose (2-14, 0-4) with 15 points. Zach Faircloth and Jake Troyli each added 12, and Khalid Mutakabbir had 11 points and 10 rebounds.
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18