Harper, Nabors lead Lamar to 87-68 victoryJan 5, 2010 - 4:00 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Charlie Harper scored 23 points and Justin Nabors recorded his sixth double-double of the season as Lamar beat Arkansas State 87-68 Monday night.
Nabors finished with 15 points and 15 rebounds while Kendrick Harris added 17 points for the Cardinals (8-7), who won their fourth straight.
Brandon Peterson scored 21 points to lead the Red Wolves (7-7) and Trey Finn had 14.
Lamar shot a season-high 53.8 percent and scored its most points this season. The Cardinals also committed a season-low eight turnovers.
Lamar fell behind by five early but took a 41-33 lead into halftime. The Cardinals extended their lead to as many as 24 in the second half.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- Kentucky cruises past Lamar in primer for battle with Louisville Dec 29
- Lamar faces uphill climb in clash with No. 3 Kentucky Dec 28