Eastern Illinois tops Tennessee Tech 97-93 in OTJan 5, 2010 - 5:19 AM CHARLESTON, Ill.(AP) -- Jeremy Granger scored 21 points as Eastern Illinois defeated Tennessee Tech 97-93 in overtime Monday night.
James Hollowell had 19 points, 12 rebounds and four steals for the Panthers (9-5, 3-1 Ohio Valley) and reserve Curry McKinney scored 12 points.
Bassey Inameti's shot for Tennessee Tech with 10 seconds left forced overtime, but Eastern Illinois went 9-for-12 at the line in the extra period, with Tyler Laser making a pair with 11 seconds left for the final margin.
Frank Davis scored 27 to lead Tennessee Tech (7-7, 1-2), making six of his nine 3-point attempts. Alfred Jones had 19 points and eight rebounds, Kevin Murphy scored 17 points and Inameti had 10 for the Golden Eagles.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 93
EASTRN ILLINOIS 97 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 4 11:17 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 41
EASTRN ILLINOIS 44 HALFTIME
Jan 4 9:43 PM
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Racers close out regular season with win over Tennessee Tech Feb 26
- Racers seek another milestone in visit to Golden Eagles Feb 25