Simmons helps Army rally past Brown 59-51Jan 7, 2010 - 3:08 AM WEST POINT, N.Y.(AP) -- Julian Simmons scored 15 of his 16 points in the second half to rally Army to a 59-51 victory over Brown on Wednesday night.
The Black Knights (10-4) ended a two-game skid by winning their fifth straight game against the Ivy League and eighth straight at home. Army won its 10th nonconference game and defeated nine Division I nonconference opponents for the first time in school history.
The Bears (6-10) played most of the game without senior All-Ivy center Matt Mullery, who sprained his ankle early in the first half and did not return.
The first half featured 10 lead changes, with Brown leading 28-25 at halftime.
Trailing 42-39 with 12:27 left, the Black Knights used a 9-0 spurt to pull ahead.
Josh Miller scored 14 of his 15 points in the first half for Army.
Tucker Halpern had 13 points for Brown and Andrew McCarthy added nine and a career-high 12 rebounds.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30