Dixon, Bearcats defeat Cal State Bakersfield 87-58Jan 7, 2010 - 2:58 AM CINCINNATI(AP) -- Dion Dixon scored 13 points to lead a balanced Cincinnati attack as the Bearcats romped to an 87-58 win over Cal State Bakersfield on Wednesday night.
Ibrahima Thomas matched his season high with 11 points, and 12 of the 13 players who got on the court scored for the Bearcats (11-4), who finished their nonconference schedule with nine wins in 12 games, including 7-0 at home.
Trent Blakley, who came into the game leading the Roadrunners (2-12) with an average of 14.9 points per game, scored all of his game-high 17 points in the second half.
Cincinnati never trailed after Anthony McLain, who set season highs with eight points and seven boards in the first half, scored on a putback to give the Bearcats a 6-4 lead with 17:47 left in the first. The Bearcats led by as many as 36 points before settling for a 50-16 halftime lead.
- Cincinnati says Mick Cronin is staying after talks with UNLV Mar 25
- A late dunk, a last-second 3 add to Cincinnati's heartbreak Mar 21
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Cincinnati routs Robert Morris 106-44 Nov 15
- Still-unbeaten Kentucky grinds out win over Cincinnati Mar 21
- Bearcats on tap to test undefeated Wildcats Mar 21
- Cincinnati edges Purdue in OT thriller Mar 20
- Bearcats battle Boilermakers in Midwest Region Mar 19
- Cincinnati completes sweep of SMU Feb 6
- Mustangs set sights on Bearcats in AAC action Feb 5
- Cincinnati coach Cronin out for rest of season Jan 2
- Cincinnati coach Cronin has aneurysm Dec 20