Wofford defeats North Carolina-Greensboro 79-62Jan 8, 2010 - 2:29 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Junior Salters scored 18 points on six 3-pointers and Wofford defeated North Carolina-Greensboro 79-62 on Thursday night.
The Terriers (9-7, 1-2 Southern Conference) shot 50 percent from 3-point range (12 of 24), including 7 of 10 from long range in the second half.
Wofford, which shot 54.8 percent from the field (17 of 31) led by as many as 22, 66-44, on a 3-pointer by Junior Salters with 8:09 to play.
Ben Stywall pulled the Spartans (2-12, 1-2) within 22-14 on a layup with 9:33 left in the first half, but they wouldn't get any closer. The Terriers then went on a 12-2 run capped by Salters 3-pointer with 6:01 to go until halftime.
Noah Dahlman scored 13 points, Kevin Giltner had 12 and Tim Johnson grabbed 13 rebounds for Wofford.
Stywall paced the Spartans with 21 points and 12 rebounds. Kendall Toney added 12 points and Kyle Randall 10 for UNC-Greensboro.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21