Austin Peay defeats Tennessee-Martin 90-72Jan 8, 2010 - 4:26 AM CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Wes Channels scored 21 points to lead four players in double figures as Austin Peay rolled to a 90-72 victory over Tennessee-Martin on Thursday night.
Anthony Campbell scored 19, Caleb Brown had 14 and John Fraley added 11 points for the Governors (9-8, 3-2 Ohio Valley Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Austin Peay shot 61.3 percent from the field (19-for-31) in the second half and 54 percent for the game (34-for-63). The Governors broke a halftime tie by opening the second half on a 20-5 run.
Chris Reaves scored on a jumper to give Austin Peay a 60-45 lead with 12:41 left and the Governors retained a double-figure advantage the rest of the game.
Marquis Weddle scored 25 points, Benzor Simmons added 17 and Reuben Clayton scored 16 points for the Skyhawks (2-11, 0-4), who have lost two games in a row.
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Murray State routs Austin Peay Feb 11
- Racers seek turnaround against Governors Feb 11
- Murray State remains perfect in win over Skyhawks Feb 4