Mount St. Mary's, Md. 63, Quinnipiac 64Jan 8, 2010 - 4:21 AM HAMDEN, Conn. (AP) -- James Feldeine scored 17 points, including the 1,000th of his career, as Quinnipiac edged preseason Northeast Conference favorite Mount St. Mary's (Md.) 64-63 on Thursday night.
Justin Rutty added 14 points and a season-high 17 rebounds for the Bobcats (7-6, 2-1), his fifth double-double of the season.
Quinnipiac, which led 29-28 at halftime, shot only 27.6 percent from the field (8-for-29) in the second half, but stayed in the game at the foul line. The Bobcats were 19-for-24 from the free throw line after halftime to finish 21-for-26.
The Mountaineers (3-11, 0-3) tied the game at 59 with 1:49 left on a 3-pointer by Jeremy Goode. The Bobcats hit 5 of 6 free throws in the final 1:21 to preserve the win, with Goode hitting another 3 with a second left to finish with 24 points.
The Bobcats outrebounded their 13th straight opponent with a 50-36 edge.
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 63
QUINNIPIAC 64 FINAL
Jan 7 9:30 PM
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 28
QUINNIPIAC 29 HALFTIME
Jan 7 8:19 PM
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- Burke placed on administrative leave Feb 16
- Balanced attack paces Marquette past Mount St. Mary's Nov 12