Rohnert leads Denver past New Orleans 75-66Jan 8, 2010 - 4:32 AM DENVER(AP) -- Nate Rohnert scored 19 of his 27 points in the second half, and Denver fended off New Orleans 75-66 Thursday night.
Brian Stafford had 15 points and Rob Lewis and Sabatino Chen added 11 points each for Denver (11-5, 4-1 Sun Belt). Denver won its 10th straight home game since a season-opening loss to Northern Iowa.
Carl Blair and Charles Carmouche had 16 points each to lead New Orleans (6-10, 1-4), which lost its 12th consecutive league game on the road.
New Orleans' Billy Humphrey, who entered as the conference's second-leading scorer with an average of 18.3 points, played just eight minutes in his third game back from a knee injury. He was limited to three points, all on free throws.
- NCAA BB
NEW ORLEANS 66
DENVER 75 FINAL
Jan 7 11:09 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW ORLEANS 21
DENVER 29 HALFTIME
Jan 7 9:55 PM
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- Cobbs leads Cal over Denver Nov 26
- Golden Bears and Pioneers battle in Berkeley Nov 26