Montana rallies to beat Eastern Washington 79-66Jan 9, 2010 - 4:43 AM MISSOULA, Mont.(AP) -- Anthony Johnson scored 25, Will Cherry came off the bench for 17 and Montana rallied from behind for a 79-66 victory over Eastern Washington on Friday night.
Cherry provided a spark for the Grizzlies (11-6, 2-3 Big Sky), who had lost two straight conference games. He scored all but one of his points in the second half as Montana overcame a 49-43 deficit.
Ryan Staudacher added 11 points, draining back-to-back 3-pointers to balloon Montana's lead to nine with just over 4 minutes remaining.
Glen Dean had 15 points to lead the Eagles (5-11, 1-2).
Eastern Washington committed 22 turnovers. Cherry picked up seven steals, three of which led directly to transition baskets.
The Eagles led 41-37 at the half, capitalizing on 56 percent shooting. The Eagles also finished with a 36-25 edge on the boards.
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23
- Mustangs hope to end slide against undefeated Eagles Nov 22
- Eastern Washington's Hayford gets new five-year deal Jun 13