Frazier leads Canisius past Marist 72-57Jan 10, 2010 - 4:25 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.(AP) -- Elton Frazier scored a career-high 25 points and had his second career double-double with 10 rebounds, and Canisius beat Marist 72-57 on Saturday night.
Frank Turner added 22 points and Greg Logins had 13 for the Golden Griffins (8-8, 3-2 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who beat Marist for the third straight time.
The Golden Griffins outscored the Red Foxes 34-18 in the paint and scored 19 points off 13 Marist turnovers. Canisius went on a 15-4 run in the first half to build a 16-point lead and held a 40-23 halftime advantage. The Golden Griffins built their largest lead of the game at 50-30 on a layup by Julius Coles with 15:01 to play.
Devin Price led the Red Foxes (1-14, 1-4) with 15 points, and Daye Kaba and Candon Rusin each scored 11 points. Marist has lost three games in a row.
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Bennett lifts UNLV over Canisius Dec 23
- Canisius heads to Sin City to take on No. 21 UNLV Dec 22
- No. 4 Syracuse routs Canisius Dec 15
- Fourth-ranked Syracuse hosts Canisius in Gotham Classic Dec 15
- Canisius hires Jim Baron Apr 2
- Former Canisius basketball coach Curran dies Jan 30
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16
- Syracuse continues domination of Canisius with easy win Nov 15