Dahlman, Diggs lead Wofford past Elon 72-55Jan 10, 2010 - 3:09 AM ELON, N.C.(AP) -- Noah Dahlman scored 18 points and Jamar Diggs added 17 to lead Wofford to a 72-55 victory over Elon on Saturday night.
The Terriers (10-7, 2-2 Southern Conference) made 31 of 45 shots from the free throw line, with Dahlman 8-for-12 and Diggs 9-for-12. Elon was 17-for-27 from the line.
The Phoenix (3-12, 1-3) stayed close through most of the first half with the game tied at 18 with 8:46 left. Wofford closed out the half on a 20-4 run, holding Elon scoreless for 3:30, as Diggs scored nine points.
The Terriers led by as many as 23 in the second half to win their third straight and sixth of the last seven.
Wofford outshot Elon from the field 46.5 percent (20-for-43) to 32.1 percent (18-for-56). Neither team shot well from 3-point range, with the Terriers 1-for-7 and Elon 2-for-21.
Adam Constantine scored 21 points to lead the Phoenix, who have lost six in a row.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21