Saint Joseph's beats Fordham 82-69Jan 9, 2010 - 11:33 PM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Darrin Govens scored 21 points to pace Saint Joseph's in an 82-69 win over Fordham on Saturday.
The win snapped a three-game losing streak for the Hawks (5-9, 1-1 Atlantic 10 Conference). Todd O'Brien added 20 points, 12 rebounds and four blocks for Saint Joseph's, while Carl Jones chipped in with 15 points.
A dunk from Khiry Gordon gave Fordham a 66-65 lead with 5:58 remaining in the second half. But the Hawks responded with a 9-0 run to take a 74-66 lead with 2:06 left.
Fordham was then outscored 8-3 in the final 2 minutes, as Saint Joseph's shot 8-for-8 from the free throw line.
Fahro Alihodzic paced the Rams (2-12, 0-2) with 16 points and eight rebounds. Fordham has lost seven games in a row.
The Hawks were outscored in the paint 42-26, but scored 23 points off of the Rams' 20 turnovers.
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 82 FINAL
Jan 9 6:12 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 37 HALFTIME
Jan 9 4:58 PM
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6