Bethune-Cookman defeats Norfolk State 77-61Jan 10, 2010 - 12:06 AM DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.(AP) -- C.J. Reed scored 16 points to lead a balanced attack as Bethune-Cookman defeated Norfolk State 77-61 on Saturday.
Jarrell Thomas added 13 points, Alexander Starling had 12 and Kevin Dukes 11 for the Wildcats (9-6, 2-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference).
Michael Deloach led Norfolk State with 17 points. The Spartans (1-12, 0-2) have lost a school-record 12 straight games.
The Wildcats, which have won eight of their last 11, grabbed an 8-2 lead and never trailed.
A pair of quick 3-pointers by Dukes sparked a 17-0 run by the Wildcats late in the first half, leading to a 39-20 halftime advantage.
The margin slipped to 43-31 with 16:20 to play, with the Spartans' Deloach doing most of the damage.
Reed scored six points in a 14-2 Wildcat run over the next 6 minutes, pushing the lead to 24 points at 57-33. It never got closer than 16 points the rest of the way.
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16
- Wolfpack set to pounce on visiting Spartans Dec 15
- Illinois remains undefeated, downs Norfolk State Dec 12
- 10th-ranked Illini set sights on Spartans Dec 11
- Norfolk State gives Evans three-year extension Jun 1
- Florida routs Norfolk State Mar 18