Iowa State tops North Dakota State 73-71Jan 9, 2010 - 11:52 PM AMES, Iowa(AP) -- Charles Boozer scored a career-high 19 points, Craig Brackins contributed 15 points and 11 rebounds and Iowa State pulled out an uninspired 73-71 victory over North Dakota State on Saturday.
Iowa State (11-4) survived numerous defensive breakdowns and Brackins' 6-of-20 shooting to escape in its final tuneup for Wednesday night's Big 12 opener against No. 2 Texas.
The Cyclones trailed by six in the first half, and they were down three midway through the second half and before finally nailing down the win with late 3-pointers by Lucca Staiger and Boozer. But they weren't sure of winning until North Dakota State's Michael Tveidt missed a closely guarded 3-point shot just before the buzzer.
Josh Vaughan led North Dakota State (5-10) with 22 points and found numerous open looks on the perimeter while going 6 of 11 from 3-point range. Eric Carlson scored 17 for the Bison, who have lost six of seven.
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 71
IOWA ST 73 FINAL
Jan 9 5:59 PM
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 35
IOWA ST 42 HALFTIME
Jan 9 4:54 PM
- Malou heading to NBA draft without playing for Iowa St May 11
- Iowa State signs pair of transfer big men May 9
- Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long granted hardship waiver Apr 29
- Iowa State recruit Malou to explore professional options Apr 25
- Ex-Iowa State athlete sues school over response to rape case Apr 13
- Iowa State signs prep forward Cameron Lard Apr 13
- Iowa St point guard Monte Morris to return for senior season Apr 8
- Cyclones' season starts with Final 4 hopes, ends in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- Iowa State struggles early, falls to Virginia 84-71 Mar 26
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24
- Iowa State coach Prohm helps Cyclones reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Iowa State's Niang honed his craft guarding Nerlens Noel Mar 18