Monmouth defeats Bryant 67-62Jan 10, 2010 - 2:18 AM WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J.(AP) -- Will Campbell scored 19 points and Monmouth defeated winless Bryant 67-62 on Saturday night.
Campbell was 7 of 12 from the field, including 5 of 8 from 3-point range in the Hawks' fourth-straight win.
Campbell's 3-pointer with 2 minutes to go put Monmouth (7-9, 3-1 Northeast Conference) up for good, 64-62.
Tied 37-37 at halftime, the Hawks went on an 11-6 run to lead 48-43 on a free throw by Travis Taylor with 16:29 to play.
A three-point play by Erik Smith gave the Bulldogs (0-16, 0-4) back the lead, 62-60, with 4:46 left.
Dutch Gaily then hit a free throw pulled the Hawks within 62-60 with 3:22 to play.
Bryant, which hasn't won since Feb. 17, was outrebounded 34-27, including 11 by Gaitley.
Taylor finished with 16 and Justin Sofman had 11 for the Hawks.
The Bulldogs were led by Vladyslav Kondratyev with 15 points and Adam Parzych with 14.
- NCAA BB
MONMOUTH 67 FINAL
Jan 9 8:37 PM
- NCAA BB
MONMOUTH 37 HALFTIME
Jan 9 7:39 PM
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- Dower Jr's big night leads Gonzaga past Bryant Nov 10