College of Charleston gets past The Citadel 61-55Jan 10, 2010 - 4:07 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 22 points and pulled down a career-best 10 rebounds as College of Charleston defeated The Citadel 61-55 on Saturday night.
After beating No. 9-ranked North Carolina in overtime Monday in their last outing, the Cougars (9-6, 4-0 Southern Conference) had to battle back against the Bulldogs (8-8, 2-2) after falling behind 42-37 with 13:28 to play.
The Cougars went ahead to stay with 3:47 remaining on a 3-pointer by Tony White Jr. Goudelock, a junior guard, then scored the next seven points to make it 61-52 with 18 seconds left.
College of Charleston led 27-25 after a first half in which there were five lead changes.
Donavan Monroe added 19 points for College of Charleston.
Cameron Wells scored 14 points and Joe Wolfinger 11 to lead The Citadel.
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12
- Cat fight in SoCon title game has Charleston battling Davidson Mar 11