Slater scores 25, Lipscomb tops S.C.-Upstate 80-66Jan 10, 2010 - 3:42 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Josh Slater scored 25 points to help Lipscomb hold off South Carolina-Upstate 80-66 on Saturday night.
The Bisons (7-7, 4-1 Atlantic Sun Conference), who won their third straight game, are tied for first in the league.
Despite foul trouble, center Adnan Hodzic added 11 points for Lipscomb to keep his double-figures scoring streak alive at 41 consecutive games - the longest in the nation - with James Florence of Mercer next at 37.
Bisons forward Brandon Brown was sidelined with a shoulder injury during the Saturday morning shootaround and is expected to return Monday.
Lipscomb never trailed after opening the game with a 3-pointer from Michael Teller. Johnny Lee added 12 points.
The Spartans (1-14, 1-5), who had 20 turnovers, cut a 14-point deficit to 61-55 with 5:08 left in the game, but could get no closer.
Nick Schneiders led S.C.-Upstate with 19 points.
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Strong second half lifts Maryland over USC Upstate Dec 13
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Spartans Dec 13
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10
- USC Upstate gives Payne extension Oct 26
- Murray State routs Lipscomb, moves to 11-0 Dec 15