South Dakota routs SIU-Edwardsville 100-76Jan 10, 2010 - 4:17 AM VERMILLION, S.D.(AP) -- Tyler Cain had 26 points and 15 rebounds as South Dakota routed Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 100-76 Saturday night.
Five South Dakota players scored in double figures. Louie Krogman scored 19 points, Roman Gentry 18, Jake Thomas 12 and Mitchell Bouie 10 for the Coyotes (7-8), who shot 59.6 percent from outside and went 10-for-20 from 3-point range.
Aamir McCleary led SIU-Edwardsville (2-14) with 24 points. Denycko Bowles had 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Cougars and Cody Rincker had 11 points.
South Dakota led 46-39 at halftime, then went on a 9-0 run early in the second half to put the game out of reach. The final margin of 24 points matched the largest of the game.
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 10 roots
Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 76, South Dakota 100 FinalJan 10 8:53 AM
SIU EDWARDSVILL 76
SOUTH DAKOTA 100 FINAL
Jan 9 10:29 PM
- NCAA BB
SIU EDWARDSVILL 39
SOUTH DAKOTA 46 HALFTIME
Jan 9 9:24 PM
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- SIU-Edwardsville hires Cal's Harris as coach Apr 3
- Forrester won't return as SIU-Edwardsville coach Mar 10
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31
- South Dakota comes calling on Kansas State Dec 31
- No. 19 Gonzaga thumps South Dakota Nov 18
- Coyotes hoping to knock off 19th-ranked Zags Nov 18
- Bowers paces Mizzou in season-opening win Nov 10
- Murray State remains unbeaten, downs SIU-Edwardsville Jan 22