Northern Colorado wins 78-66 over Idaho stateJan 10, 2010 - 4:13 AM GREELEY, Colo.(AP) -- Chris Kaba scored 17 points and Northern Colorado pulled away to beat Idaho State 78-66 Saturday night.
Will Figures added 16 points and Taylor Montgomery had 13 for Northern Colorado (15-3, 4-2 Big Sky), which won its 11th straight at home dating to last February. It's the third-longest home-winning streak in the school's history.
With the victory, the Bears, who have won six in a row overall, exceeded their win total from last season, when they finished 14-18.
Amorrow Morgan's 25 points led Idaho State (4-13, 1-4). Broderick Gilchrest added 15 points and Donnie Carson 12 for the Bengals, who lost their third straight.
The Bengals managed to pull within 67-65 on a fastbreak layup by Broderick Gilchrest with 2:06 remaining but Mike Proctor tipped in his own miss with 1:20 left and the Bears made 9 of 10 free throws down the stretch to secure the victory.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8
- Idaho State's O'Brien resigns Dec 19
- Marquette, minus Johnson-Odom, routs Northern Colorado Dec 17
- Bears try to clip wings of 11th-ranked Golden Eagles Dec 17
- Aztecs begin tourney with rout of Northern Colorado Mar 17
- Northern Colorado wins Big Sky to reach first NCAA tourney Mar 9
- Tisdale, Richardson, guide Illinois past Northern Colorado Dec 12
- Northern Colorado moves quickly to replace Boyle Apr 20
- Montana rallies over Northern Colorado 68-63 Mar 9