Norfolk State beats Florida A&M 78-65Jan 12, 2010 - 4:02 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Michael Deloach scored 25 points, including going 2-for-2 on 3-pointers, leading Norfolk State in a 78-65 win over Florida A&M on Monday night for the Spartans' first Mid-Eastern Conference win of the season.
Aleek Pauline added 14 points and Kyle O'Quinn scored eight points and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Spartans (2-12, 1-2), who snapped an 11-game losing skid. The Spartans won for the first time since a 72-71 contest against Maine on Nov. 16.
The game was tied at 29-all at the break, but the Spartans outscored the Rattlers 49-36 in the second half to seal the win.
Norfolk State outrebounded Florida A&M 42-35.
Larry Jackson led the Rattlers (3-12, 1-2) with 16 points, while Christopher Walker had 15 and Yannick Crowder added 10.
The Rattlers, who opened the season on a 10-game winning streak, have lost two of three.
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16
- Wolfpack set to pounce on visiting Spartans Dec 15
- Illinois remains undefeated, downs Norfolk State Dec 12
- 10th-ranked Illini set sights on Spartans Dec 11
- Norfolk State gives Evans three-year extension Jun 1
- Florida routs Norfolk State Mar 18