Rider cruises past Marist 84-62Jan 12, 2010 - 3:56 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.(AP) -- Ryan Thompson scored 21 points to lead Rider to an 84-62 victory over Marist on Monday night.
Thompson shot 8-for-15 from the field for the Broncs (10-8, 3-3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference). Jhamar Youngblood added 17 points in the win, while Patrick Mansell and Mike Ringgold scored 11 points apiece.
Rider used a 14-0 run in the first half to take a double-digit lead, and a 3-pointer from Youngblood capped the run and gave the Broncs a 37-19 advantage with 7:14 remaining. Rider went up 49-28 at halftime, and would go on to lead by no less than 19 points for the entire second half.
Rob Johnson, Devin Price and Candon Rusin each scored 11 points to lead the Red Foxes (1-15, 1-5), who have now lost four in a row.
The Broncs shot 54.2 percent from the field (32-for-59), and scored 17 points off of Marist's 14 turnovers.
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Baggett named Rider head coach May 24
- Report: Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 22