Chattanooga defeats UNC-Greensboro 58-45Jan 12, 2010 - 2:25 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Ty Patterson, the Southern Conference player of the month for December, scored 14 points to lead Chattanooga to a 58-45 win over North Carolina-Greensboro on Monday night.
Ricky Taylor added 12 points and Chris Early had 10 for the Mocs (10-6, 2-1 Southern Conference).
It was the 100th win for Mocs coach John Shulman in six seasons at the school. The Mocs allowed their lowest point total since surrendering 46 points to Furman on Jan. 10, 2009.
Chattanooga trailed 26-20 at halftime but opened the second half on a 13-0 run. The Mocs grabbed their biggest lead at 45-30 on a layup by Early with 10:15 to play in the game.
The Spartans (3-13, 2-3), who outrebounded Chattanooga 43-37, had 16 second-chanced points compared to four for Chattanooga. The Spartans, led by Brandon Evans with 10 points, made only 25.8 percent of their field goal attempts(17-for-66).
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 45
CHATTANOOGA 58 FINAL
Jan 11 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 26
CHATTANOOGA 20 HALFTIME
Jan 11 7:44 PM
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21