Winston-Salem 75, Md.-Eastern Shore 70Jan 12, 2010 - 3:36 AM PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) -- Marcus Wells scored 14 points to lead Winston-Salem State to a 75-70 victory over Maryland-Eastern Shore on Monday night.
Paul Davis added 12 points and nine rebounds for the Rams (4-9), who lead the all-time series against UMES 8-1. Lamar Monger chipped in with 13 points.
The Rams took their largest lead of the game with a 12-1 run that gave them a 50-35 lead with 15:09 remaining. A separate 7-0 run with 7:45 remaining gave them a 57-46 lead, and the Hawks (3-12) would get no closer than within three points the rest of the contest.
Tim Burns scored 17 to lead UMES, which has now lost seven straight. Hillary Haley added 16 points, while Neal Pitt finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
The Hawks outrebounded the Rams 48-35, but their bench was outscored by Winston-Salem's 34-10.
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Kilpatrick helps Bearcats dominate Hawks Dec 8
- No. 11 Bearcats battle Hawks Dec 8
- Virginia cruises to 9th straight win Dec 27
- Hawks pay visit to 23rd-ranked Cavaliers Dec 27
- Brown leads No. 8 Pitt to easy win Dec 19
- South Carolina St. beats Md.-Eastern Shore 59-53 Mar 11