Bethune-Cookman defeats North Carolina A&T 66-65Jan 12, 2010 - 3:41 AM DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.(AP) -- C.J. Reed's short jumper with 4 seconds to play lifted Bethune-Cookman over North Carolina A&T 66-65 on Monday night.
The winning basket came after Dwane Joshua nailed a 3-pointer with 26 seconds left to give Aggies their only lead during the final 11 minutes at 65-64.
The Wildcats (10-6, 3-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), won their third straight and ninth in their last 12. The Aggies (5-11, 1-2) have lost six of seven and their last 13 games in Daytona.
The Wildcats' Albert Abrahams led all scorers with 19 points, with Reed adding 15.
Joshua's 15 points paced the Aggies, with Tavarus Alston scoring 13 and Thomas Coleman 10.
The Wildcats, who trailed 38-37 at halftime, started the second half with a 14-4 run to go up by nine, 51-42, with 14:08 to go. But the Aggies fought back behind Joshua and Alston to tie it at 59-all with 5:33 left.
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 65
BETHUNE COOKMAN 66 FINAL
Jan 11 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 38
BETHUNE COOKMAN 37 HALFTIME
Jan 11 8:56 PM
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Kilpatrick, Bearcats thump Aggies Nov 18
- Aggies face tall task in clash with 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 18