Lipscomb defeats Belmont 64-53Jan 12, 2010 - 5:03 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Josh Slater scored 16 points to lead Lipscomb to a 64-53 victory over Belmont on Monday night.
Slater also grabbed 14 rebounds for the Bisons (8-7, 5-1 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won four games in a row, all of them at home. Adnan Hodzic added 15 points for Lipscomb, while Brian Wright chipped in with 10.
A free throw from Hodzic capped an 8-0 run that gave Lipscomb a 47-31 lead with 9:25 remaining in the game. The Bisons would go on to lead by as many as 19 points, 64-45, on two free throws by Slater with 2:18 left.
Scott Saunders scored nine points to lead the Bruins (9-7, 4-2).
Both teams shot poorly from the field, with Lipscomb shooting 36.7 percent (22-for-60) and Belmont shooting 35 percent (21-for-60). The Bisons led 25-19 at the half.
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21