Alabama A&M defeats Mississippi Valley St. 72-56Jan 12, 2010 - 4:42 AM HUNTSVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Cornelius Hester scored 24 points to lead Alabama A&M to a 72-56 win over Mississippi Valley State on Monday night.
Bo Amusa added 13 points for the Bulldogs (4-8, 1-3 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who snapped a five-game losing streak.
Alabama A&M led 32-24 at halftime, but used an 11-2 run in the second half to go up 61-43 with 3:36 remaining for their largest lead of the game.
Julius Cheeks and Shannon Behling led the Delta Devils (2-14, 1-2) with 11 points apiece.
MVSU shot 32.1 percent from the field (18-for-56) and 63.6 percent from the free-throw line (14-for-22). The Delta Devils also turned the ball over 24 times, with Kevin Burwell committing 11 turnovers.
The Bulldogs were outrebounded 41-37, but benefited from 19 second chance points.
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- New Mexico opens with easy win over Alabama A&M Nov 10
- Lobos open season against visiting Bulldogs Nov 9
- Oklahoma State routs MVSU Nov 9
- Cowboys set sights on Delta Devils in season opener Nov 8
- No. 24 Cincy crushes MVSU Nov 14
- Delta Devils set to challenge 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 13
- WKU rallies from 16 down to beat MVSU Mar 13
- Hilltoppers and Delta Devils open up NCAA Tournament action Mar 13