Saint Joseph's 74, Rhode Island 101Jan 14, 2010 - 2:39 AM KINGSTON, R.I. (AP) -- Delroy James scored 24 points and Akeem Richmond added 21 points as Rhode Island defeated Saint Joseph's 101-74 on Wednesday night.
Richmond hit five of Rhode Island's 12 3-pointers and the Rams (13-2, 1-1 Atlantic 10) shot 53.6 percent from the field (37-for-69) to rebound from Sunday's overtime loss to then-No. 21 Temple.
Rhode Island scored the first seven points, led 13-2 just 4 minutes into the game and used a 10-0 run for a 30-14 advantage with 11:12 remaining in the first half.
Richmond scored nine straight points to give the Rams a 51-27 lead with 4:01 left in the first.
Will Martell added 11 points for Rhode Island, which shot 61.1 percent from the field (22-for-36) in the first half.
Darrin Govens had 15 points, Garrett Williamson 14 and Charoy Bentley 10 for Saint Joseph's (5-10, 1-2), which lost for the fourth time in five games.
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- No. 17 VCU rallies to down Rhode Island Jan 13
- VCU and Rhode Island lock horns in A-10 tussle Jan 13
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6
- Bitter rivals clash, as Hawks visit Wildcats Dec 6