Northern Illinois defeats Western Michigan, 87-77Jan 14, 2010 - 3:59 AM DE KALB, Ill.(AP) -- Mike DiNunno had 21 points and 10 assists, and Northern Illinois made 60 percent of its 3-point attempts in defeating Western Michigan 87-77 Wednesday night.
Sean Kowal had 18 points and seven rebounds, Xavier Silas scored 15 points and Darion Anderson 12 for Northern Illinois (6-8, 2-0 Mid-American), which overcame an early 26-12 deficit with hot outside shooting. DiNunno made six of the Huskies' 12 3-pointers.
Northern Illinois shot 50 percent from the field in the second half, including 5-for-7 from behind the arc, and finished the game at 46 percent overall.
David Kool led all scorers with 26 points for Western Michigan (9-6, 1-1).
Martelle McLemore scored 16 points and Donald Lawson had 12 points and seven rebounds for the Broncos.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN MICHIGAN 77
NORTHN ILLINOIS 87 FINAL
Jan 13 10:21 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN MICHIGAN 41
NORTHN ILLINOIS 41 HALFTIME
Jan 13 9:07 PM
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- Missouri tops Western Michigan, extends home streak Dec 15