Dayton beats Fordham for 11th win in last 12 gamesJan 14, 2010 - 4:42 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Luke Fabrizius scored 13 points and Dayton pulled away for a 74-58 victory over Fordham on Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden, the Flyers' 11th win in their last 12 games.
Chris Wright added 12 points and eight rebounds for the Flyers (13-3, 2-0 Atlantic 10), whose only loss in that stretch was by two points at New Mexico.
Brenton Butler had 20 points for the Rams (2-13, 0-3), who lost their eighth straight and fell to 1-9 under interim coach Jared Grasso, who took over when Dereck Whittenburg was fired in December.
Dayton took control with an 11-0 run that gave it a 52-39 lead. The middle two field goals of the run were dunks by Wright off alley-oop passes from London Warren. Fabrizius closed the run with a 3-pointer.
Butler's 3-pointer with 10:33 to play was the last field goal of the game for the Rams, who shot 33.3 percent (17 of 51).
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18