Lamar's late spurt overtakes Texas-Arlington 71-68Jan 14, 2010 - 3:40 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Donley Minor's 3-pointer with 1:14 left began a game-ending 9-4 run that lifted Lamar to a 71-68 victory over Texas-Arlington on Wednesday night.
Minor led the Cardinals (9-8, 1-1 Southland) with 16 points, all in the second half and including three consecutive 3-pointers that helped Lamar build a 10-point lead.
Justin Nabors had a double-double of 12 points and 12 rebounds, Coy Custer scored 14 and Kendrick Harris had 11 for Lamar, which has won six of its last eight.
Marquez Haynes paced the Mavericks (7-7, 0-2) with 25 points. Dwight Gentry scored 14 points, and Jordan Reves grabbed 10 rebounds.
Texas-Arlington went on a 12-2 run to take a 64-62 lead before Minor's late 3-pointer gave the Cardinals the edge for good.
Texas-Arlington shot just 36.2 percent (25 of 69), but that was better than Lamar's 35.0 percent (21 of 60).
- NCAA BB
TEXAS ARLINGTON 68
LAMAR 71 FINAL
Jan 13 10:14 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS ARLINGTON 28
LAMAR 25 HALFTIME
Jan 13 9:01 PM
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17