Sacred Heart knocks off Bryant 72-60Jan 15, 2010 - 3:24 AM SMITHFIELD, R.I.(AP) -- Ryan Litke scored 17 points, including the 1,000th of his career, to lead Sacred Heart to a 72-60 victory over winless Bryant on Thursday night.
Litke, a senior, hit a layup with 15:32 left in the first half for his 1,000th career point, becoming the 30th player in school history to reach the milestone.
Litke hit a 3-pointer to give the Pioneers (10-6, 3-2 Northeast Conference) a 23-17 advantage and Sacred Heart increased it to 30-22 with 5:25 remaining in the first half.
Jerrell Thompson's 3-pointer sealed the victory, giving the Pioneers a 64-54 lead with 1:48 left in the game.
Thompson and Corey Hassan each finished with 13 points and Liam Potter added 11.
Adam Parzych led Bryant (0-17, 0-5) with 16 points. The Bulldogs were playing their first home game since Dec. 12.
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 72
BRYANT 60 FINAL
Jan 14 9:24 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 37
BRYANT 30 HALFTIME
Jan 14 8:20 PM
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- Dower Jr's big night leads Gonzaga past Bryant Nov 10