Long Island knocks off Wagner 79-64Jan 15, 2010 - 5:14 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- David Hicks scored a career-high 19 points to lead Long Island University to a 79-64 victory over Wagner on Thursday night as the Blackbirds remained undefeated in Northeast Conference play.
Long Island (7-9, 5-0), which won its third consecutive game, built a 13-4 lead and never relinquished it, despite Wagner cutting the margin to one point on six occasions.
The Blackbirds led 33-21 with 2:12 left in the first half.
Kyle Johnson and Jaytornah Wisseh added 16 points each as the Blackbirds shot 50 percent from the field (28-for-56) and 66.7 percent from 3-point range (10-for-15).
Wisseh added eight assists.
Michael Orock led Wagner with 19 points and Clifton Spiller pulled down 11 rebounds.
The Seahawks (2-16, 0-5) held a 43-30 edge on the glass, but were hampered by 18 turnovers that Long Island converted into 32 points.
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Kentucky shoots the lights out against Long Island Nov 24
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- LIU promotes Perri to head coach Apr 11
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26