Radford defeats Coastal Carolina 62-52Jan 15, 2010 - 2:54 AM CONWAY, S.C.(AP) -- Art Parakhouski scored 20 points and had 10 rebounds to help Radford defeat Coastal Carolina 62-52 on Thursday night.
The Highlanders (9-6, 5-1 Big South Conference) held Coastal Carolina (16-3, 6-1) to a 31.7 percent shooting, in snapping its 12-game winning streak.
Down 10-8 early, Radford scored on a jumper by Joey Lynch-Flohr, a dunk by Art Parakhouski and a 3-pointer by Blake Smith to lead 15-10 with 11:10 left in the first half, and didn't trail the rest of the way.
Lazar Trifunovic added 16 points and Blake Smith had 10 for the Highlanders.
Joseph Harris, who had 11 points, grabbed nine rebounds, bringing his career total to 1,002.
He became the second player in Big South Conference history to have 1,000 career points and 1,000 rebounds, and is 12 boards shy of the conference's all-time record, held by High Point's Arizona Reid.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 52 FINAL
Jan 14 9:02 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 19 HALFTIME
Jan 14 7:54 PM
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23
- Radford faces tall task in clash with No. 2 Kentucky Nov 23
- UNC-Asheville tops Coastal Carolina for Big South title Mar 5