Ohman helps Liberty beat Gardner-Webb 68-57Jan 15, 2010 - 4:12 AM LYNCHBURG, Va.(AP) -- Kyle Ohman scored 17 points and surpassed the career 1,000-point mark and Liberty defeated Gardner-Webb 68-57 on Thursday night.
Ohman, who needed three points to become the 21st Flames player to reach 1,000, hit the milestone with a free throw with 3:43 left in the first half.
The Flames (9-9, 4-2 Big South Conference) led by as many as 19 points in the second half before the Bulldogs hit three straight 3-pointers - two by C.J. Hailey - to trail 61-53 with 3:26 left. Gardner-Webb (4-12, 1-5), though, could get no closer.
Liberty, which has won three of its last four, outshot Gardner-Webb from the field, 50 percent (26-for-52) to 31.3 percent (20-for-64).
Jesse Sanders added 12 points, nine rebounds and seven assists for the Flames, and Antwan Burrus had 10 points and nine rebounds.
Hailey scored 20 points and Jonathan Moore added 14 for the Bulldogs.
- NCAA BB
LIBERTY 68 FINAL
Jan 14 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
LIBERTY 26 HALFTIME
Jan 14 7:54 PM
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- No. 11 North Carolina handles Gardner-Webb Nov 9
- New-look Tar Heels tip off season against Runnin' Bulldogs Nov 9