Simon leads Detroit over Wisconsin-Milwaukee 81-65Jan 15, 2010 - 3:35 AM MILWAUKEE(AP) -- Chase Simon had 33 points and 12 rebounds to lead Detroit to an 81-65 victory against Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Thursday night.
Xavier Keeling added 20 points and Eli Holman had 15 points, nine rebounds and four blocks for the Titans (12-6, 5-2 Horizon League).
Ricky Franklin led Wisconsin-Milwaukee (11-7, 3-3) with 22 points.
With Detroit trailing 43-42 with 17 minutes remaining, Simon went on a tear to lead a 20-3 run over the next 8:02. Simon scored 16 consecutive points for the Titans, hitting two 3-point shots, two jumpers and three layups.
Simon was 15 for 24 from the floor.
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee banned from postseason Apr 9
- Strong second half sends Villanova past Milwaukee Mar 21
- East Regional action sets Wildcats against Panthers Mar 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11