Houston Baptist ends skid with 66-56 victoryJan 15, 2010 - 4:59 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Andrew Gonzalez scored 21 points and Mario Flaherty added 19 as Houston Baptist defeated Chicago State 66-56 on Thursday.
The win snapped a six-game losing streak for the Huskies (2-12, 1-0 Great West) and extended Chicago State's skid to six games.
Antonio Lofton came off the bench to score 18 points for the Cougars (5-13, 1-1). Christian Wall added nine.
The two struggling teams combined for 41 turnovers (22 for Houston Baptist, 19 for Chicago State) and neither shot well (each hit 40.7 percent from the field). The Huskies outrebounded the Cougars 43-31.
Wendell Preadom had 10 points and 10 rebounds for Houston Baptist.
- NCAA BB
CHICAGO ST 56
HOUSTON BAPTIST 66 FINAL
Jan 14 11:06 PM
- NCAA BB
CHICAGO ST 25
HOUSTON BAPTIST 30 HALFTIME
Jan 14 9:49 PM
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29
- SDSU comes alive late, keeps Chicago State winless Jan 11
- 22nd-ranked Aztecs entertain winless Cougars Jan 10
- McDermott paces Creighton over Houston Baptist Dec 17
- Huskies try to clip Bluejays' wings in non-conference action Dec 17