Cal State-Fullerton beats Cal Poly 68-54Jan 15, 2010 - 5:56 AM FULLERTON, Calif.(AP) -- Gerard Anderson scored 20 points and Jer'Vaughn Johnson added 17 points and 10 rebounds to lead Cal State-Fullerton to a 68-54 victory against Cal Poly on Thursday night.
Bryce Webster and Devon Peltier had 11 points each for Fullerton (8-7, 3-1 Big West), which moved into first in the conference standings.
Lorenzo Keeler scored 13 points and Shawn Lewis 12 for Cal Poly (5-10, 2-2).
A 13-4 run by Cal Poly cut Fullerton's lead to 57-52 with 2:07 remaining. But the Mustangs missed their last four field-goal tries and turned the ball over on two other possessions, enabling the Titans to ice the game from the free-throw line.
Cal Poly shot just 33 percent (15 of 45) from the floor. Fullerton shot 37 percent but made 30 of 37 free-throw attempts.
rootsLMPtG1 Added 5 roots
Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo 54, Cal State Fullerton 68 FinalJan 15 8:53 AM
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 10 roots
Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo 54, Cal State Fullerton 68 FinalJan 15 8:45 AM
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 54
CS FULLERTON 68 FINAL
Jan 15 12:09 AM
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 25
CS FULLERTON 27 HALFTIME
Jan 14 10:53 PM
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Coggins transfers from Air Force to Cal State Fullerton Jul 30
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Oregon routs Cal Poly Dec 2
- Cal Poly seeks upset of No. 14 Oregon Dec 1