UC Davis narrowly beats UC Irvine 79-77Jan 15, 2010 - 5:22 AM DAVIS, Calif.(AP) -- Dominic Calegari made all 10 of his shots from the floor to finish with 28 points in UC Davis' 79-77 victory over UC Irvine on Thursday night.
Mark Payne had 22 points and Joe Harden added 10 points for the Aggies (7-10, 3-2 Big West), who have beaten the Anteaters four-straight times.
Eric Wise had 25 points and eight rebounds for the Anteaters (8-9, 2-3).
After 13 lead exchanges in the first half, the Aggies opened up the second with a 15-6 run to lead 55-42.
The Anteaters countered with a 23-9 run, completed by Michael Hunter's back-to-back baskets that gave UC Irvine a 65-64 margin.
Tied at 70 with less than four minutes remaining, the Aggies outscored the Anteaters 9-7 to end the game. Payne made four-straight free throws in the last 21 seconds to ensure the victory for the Aggies.
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 77
UC DAVIS 79 FINAL
Jan 15 12:03 AM
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 36
UC DAVIS 38 HALFTIME
Jan 14 10:53 PM
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- Anteaters face tall task in clash with undefeated Ducks Dec 17
- UC Irvine coach Turner lands contract extension Nov 7
- Gill leads Pacific to victory in Big West Conference final Mar 17
- Anteaters meet Tigers with Big West tourney title on line Mar 16