Charleston Southern beats Radford 70-55Jan 17, 2010 - 3:36 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Jamarco Warren scored 21 points and Jeremy Sexton added 18, leading Charleston Southern to a 70-55 win over Radford on Saturday night.
Warren and Sexton hit three 3-pointers apiece for the Buccaneers (10-8, 5-3 Big South Conference), who finished 8-for-15 from long range (53.3 percent).
Both players were perfect from the free throw line, as Warren went 6-for-6 and Sexton was 3-for-3. The Buccaneers shot 94.1 percent (16-for-17) from the charity stripe in the win.
The Highlanders were just 5-for-24 from beyond the arc (20.8 percent) and hit just 8 of 15 from the foul line (53.3 percent).
Joey Lynch-Flohr scored 14 points to lead the Highlanders (9-7, 5-2), and leading scorer Art Parakhouski (23.9) was held to a season-low 11 points. Parakhouski, who came in averaging 12.7 rebounds per game, grabbed 15 boards.
The Buccaneers have won three straight games.
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- No. 12 Arizona tops Charleston Southern Nov 11
- No. 12 Arizona opens season against Charleston Southern Nov 11
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23
- Radford faces tall task in clash with No. 2 Kentucky Nov 23