Robert Morris pulls away from Monmouth (NJ) 78-67Jan 17, 2010 - 2:48 AM MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa.(AP) -- Karon Abraham scored 16 of his 21 points in the second half and Robert Morris pulled away to defeat Monmouth (N.J.) 78-67 on Saturday night.
The Colonials (10-8, 5-1 Northeast Conference) shot 61.9 percent (13-for-21) in the second half to 31.4 percent (11-for-35) for the Hawks (8-10, 4-2), who led 33-31 at halftime.
Monmouth took a 16-9 lead, getting nine points from Ed Waite, before Robert Morris rallied, starting with two jumpers and a dunk by Russell Johnson. From that point, there were four lead changes and three ties before halftime.
Abraham scored nine points in the first 5:21 of the second half, when Robert Morris took a 48-38 lead, and the Colonials led by at least seven the rest of the way.
Mezie Nwigwe had 14 points and eight rebounds for Robert Morris.
Travis Taylor led Monmouth with 22 points and 12 rebounds, and Waite finished with 13 points.
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17