Alabama State defeats Alabama A&M 83-69Jan 17, 2010 - 2:38 AM MONTGOMERY, Ala.(AP) -- Menji Mundadi scored 22 points to lead Alabama State to an 83-69 victory over Alabama A&M on Saturday night.
Tramayne Moorer added 18 points and 17 rebounds for the Hornets (6-10, 3-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
A fastbreak layup from Mundadi capped a 14-2 run for the Hornets for a 56-38 lead with 12:31 remaining in the second half. Alabama A&M (4-9, 1-4) responded with a 17-4 run to cut the lead to 59-54 with 7:57 left to play. But the Bulldogs would get no closer, as the Hornets would eventually go on to build a 14-point lead at 69-55 with 4:59 remaining.
Cornelius Hester and Jabari Deshields each scored 12 points to lead Alabama A&M. The Hornets have now lost six of their last seven games.
Alabama State shot 55.6 percent from the field (30-for-54), while the Hornets shot only 37.1 percent (23-for-62).
- New Mexico opens with easy win over Alabama A&M Nov 10
- Lobos open season against visiting Bulldogs Nov 9
- Florida stomps Alabama State Nov 11
- Gators officially open season against visiting Hornets Nov 11
- No. 20 Michigan routs Alabama A&M Dec 17
- Alabama A&M pays visit to No. 20 Michigan Dec 17
- Crimson Tide stay perfect, down Bulldogs Nov 24
- Tide expected to roll in clash with visiting Bulldogs Nov 23
- No. 21 Cincinnati routs Alabama State Nov 14
- 21st-ranked Bearcats open season against visiting Hornets Nov 13
- Johnson scores 29, leads UTSA to 1st NCAA tourney win Mar 16
- Alabama State wins SWAC title over Grambling Mar 13