Lafayette defeats Navy 90-77Jan 17, 2010 - 2:51 AM ANAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Ryan Willen scored 26 points and Lafayette beat Navy 90-77 on Saturday night.
Jim Mower added 20 points and Jared Mintz had 18 for the Leopards (12-6, 3-0 Patriot League), who have won five games in a row and eight of their past nine.
The Leopards, who are averaging 50 percent shooting during their winning streak, shot 53.7 percent from the field (29-for-54). The Leopards converted 13 Navy turnovers into 20 points.
Leading 18-17 in the first half, the Leopards went on a 16-2 run to lead 34-19 with 7:38 left in the half after a 3-pointer by Mower. The Leopards built a 20-point advantage later in the half and the lead never dipped below nine points the rest of the game.
Navy (8-10, 2-1), which tried to go 3-0 in the conference for the first time since 1998, was led by Chris Harris with 24 points. Jordan Sugars added 18 points and Jeremy Wilson had 12.
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13
- Gophers overwhelm Lafayette for eighth straight win Dec 22
- Leopards hope to claw way past 13th-ranked Golden Gophers Dec 22